08 Jan About Brian
A little bit about Brian…
Being born with a disability that severely limits the use of his extremities hasn’t slowed Brian down, or dampened his spirit. Brian relates his life story with humor, passion, and an eye for inspiring us to overcome the absurdities that we often allow to get in our way.
It doesn’t matter if you think you can or you think you can’t, you’ll be right.
You’ll realize that attitude is everything – that the best tool you have at your disposal for controlling the quality of your life is between your ears. Brian’s folksy storytelling will help you understand what disabled people experience in life and view them in a new light…neither ‘less-than’ nor ‘exceptional’, but simply as people going through life.
Despite Brian’s disability, he has been able to overcome major obstacles without the use of his hands and the ability to walk without orthotic braces. He received a degree from UC-Irvine, owned Newport North Art Gallery, and has worked in the insurance and financial services industry for over 20 years. Brian’s story is truly uplifting, and a must for all to hear. He will share with you how he continued to live life and overcame such an impairing disability. This is truly a rare opportunity for you to get a glimpse into a person’s life that will leave you inspired and motivated.
I’m not here to be your inspiration, I’m just a guy doing the best I can with the body I’ve got…
- BA from UC-Irvine (‘88)
- Majored in Social Science, Minors in Business Administration and Political Science
- Chairman – Disabled Student Awareness Committee (3 years)
- Sportscaster for KUCI radio (3 years)
- Head of Sports Department, KUCI radio
- Owner – Newport North Gallery (fine art) (‘91-’92)
- Has worked in the insurance and financial services industry, specializing in employee benefits (insurance, retirement planning, COBRA administration, etc.) since 1992
- Academic Leadership Community – Miguel Contreras Learning Complex, Los Angeles
- Marshall Reddick Real Estate Network Millionaire Investors Club
- Fullerton College
- Chaffey College – Chino
- Chaffey College – Rancho Cucamonga
- Mira Costa College – Oceanside
- High Tech High – San Marcos
- Chapman College – Orange
- AVID College Prep
- Intro to Sociology
- Intro to Psychology
- Social Problems
- Human Sexuality
- Marriage & Family
- Business & Accounting
- Child Development